Securing your financial future

1287 0

The future is unknown, and it is essential to take risks and prepare for them when things do not go as planned. For example, you might be unwell and need to look into sick pay – here are the sick leave laws that could be important to you. Alternatively, you could lose your job and be made redundant, meaning you will need to look for new employment and therefore run the possibility of being unemployed for a while. You need to think about what’s important to you, such as your family, lifestyle, and home (rent or mortgage) and make sure they’re protected.

To determine if you need protection and what kind of protection you need, it’s important to look at the big picture.

What savings do you have? Do you have a mortgage or debts to pay? Do you already have insurance products and if so, what do you cover?

Savings as protection

In addition to saving on large purchases or events, it is a good idea to put money aside if you become unemployed or incapacitated. As a general rule, you have enough savings for at least three months to cover your essential expenses. In this way, you have access to an emergency fund, which should keep you afloat in case of problems.

But saving money for three months is not always easy, but sometimes it takes time to develop and burn out quickly. It is therefore advisable to have emergency funds, but you may also consider combining your savings with a type of insurance coverage.

Paying off your debts

Many people have debts, for instance, secured loans such as mortgages or unsecured debts such as a credit card or bank loan. If something happens to you and your income goes down, you still have to pay off your debts, so it’s good to keep them under control.

It is usually logical to prioritise repayment of unsecured debt. Households who lose their main salary often have difficulty making payments.

Some people in this situation turn to credit to cover expenses such as rent or their mortgage and get more in debt. In this sort of situations, most people lost track of their financial obligations. Therefore, it is advisable to consult a wealth management company such as U Account that can help you set out a plan.


The type of insurance policy you need depends on your situation.

A life insurance policy will pay your family members lump-sum or regular payments if you die unexpectedly. If you have a partner or children, a life insurance policy can give you peace of mind that they will be able to get along financially without you. You can also sell your life insurance policy if you click here, meaning you receive money back which can then be used to budget for whatever end-of-life care you might need.

As well as a life insurance policy, it could also be worth looking into companies like Final Expense Direct ( to learn more about Final Expense Life Insurance policies. In short, this type of plan helps to cover the cost of any medical bills or funeral expenses you may have after you have passed away, instead of protecting the income of your family like ordinary life insurance does. Regardless of which insurance plan you opt for, both of them could do wonders for your financial situation – even after your death.

When it comes to life insurance, income protection insurance should support you financially if you can not work because of illness or injury and your income decreases. This type of policy is especially relevant for people who are self-employed and do not receive sick pay.

You may want to consider buying short-term income protection insurance. This type of policy pays a monthly amount for a period of time if you lose your source of income due to illness, injury or dismissal.